Monday, August 30, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

"Never save anything for a special occasion.
  Being alive is the special occasion." 
 ~unknown



I'm linking up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday!





This is my favorite of all of my collection. It belonged to my maternal grandmother.  I really don't know anything about its history.  It has no markings.  I wonder if it may have been purchased in France, as my step-grandfather was stationed in Paris after World War II with NATO.




I love the pink color and the shell shape.  I think it's a demitasse cup, as it's smaller than a teacup.  You can't tell in the picture, but it's so thin and translucent that you can see light through it.





Sorry that this picture isn't better, but I had to show you the tiny shell feet!

Thanks for visiting, and have fun checking out the other posts on Sandi's blog!


Sandi @ Rose Chintz Cottage

3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sue,
My, what a beautiful and unique teacup; love the colour and the sweet little feet! What a treasure that little teacup is! I am so happy you have shared it with us. I am so happy you have joined me for tea too. I have you linked up and I wish you a beautiful week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sue said...

Thanks Sandi, I hope you have a wonderful week too!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

OMG!!
How unique and beautiful is this tea cup!!
Love the shape and I love the color!!
Stunning!!

Debbie