Monday, September 13, 2010

Seaside



My oldest daughter and I took a trip to Seaside, Oregon last week and had a wonderful getaway.

.


We spent time walking on the beach...



Watching the sunset...



We toured Fort Clatsop, a replica of Lewis and Clark's winter headquarters in Astoria,



 and the Tillamook Cheese Factory (and sampled cheeses and yummy ice cream).



We visited Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, explored, shopped, ate, indulged in salt water taffy, relaxed, and laughed.

Sometimes I worry that she feels pushed aside by her younger sister's medical issues and general drama.  I don't always get a chance to spend uninterrupted time with her.  I am amazed at what an intelligent, kind, responsible and loving young lady that she's grown into.

On Thursday, I'll be taking her back to the university.  I will miss her so much, even though she's only a couple of hours away. 



I think we're going to make this a tradition.

1 comment:

A Hopeful Heart said...

My daughter and I celebrated her graduation from high school two years ago with a week-long trip to Seaside. Only thing...we didn't have a car, as hubby and son dropped us off at our hotel and then did some tent-camping down the Oregon coast. So, we didn't make it to Cannon Beach or anywhere else not in walking distance, but we had a grand time together...eating out, staying up late and watching old movies on TCM, walking the beach, etc. We are Floridians currently living in Idaho, and we miss the beach desperately...so we enjoyed our little visit to Seaside. However, there is a HUGE difference between the Atlantic and Gulf waters of Florida and the northern Pacific. For one thing, the water's WAY colder.

Like you, though, we got some amazing photos of the ocean.

Blessings,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)