Monday, September 6, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

I'm linking up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday!





This tea cup isn't old, but it's special to me because it was a gift a few years ago, from my late mom.  She purchased it for me on a trip to Maryland and New York City.  She took the train from Seattle because she hated to fly! 

It's not china, I think it's some kind of ceramic.  It says it was made in Thailand, Heart and Home Gifts.





The cup handle and saucer have a flower.  I think it's supposed to be a stargazer lily, though it looks like an alstromeria to me.  (What can I say, I have a certificate in floral design!)




Both the saucer and the cup have a cute little dragonfly.




Hope you enjoyed this cup!  Please check out all the other tea parties on Sandi's blog!


3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sue,
How delightful your teacup is! It's very unique with the flowers on it and how lovely that it belonged to your mother! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
I hope you and your daughter have a safe and wonderful trip to the coast, enjoying your time together.

Blessings,
Sandi

Vicki said...

Hi, Sue,
Your teacup is charming!! Love the lily and dragonfly. That it was a gift from your momma makes it even more special. Happy Teacup Tuesday, my friend~Vicki

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Goodness!! This is one of the most charming tea cup and saucers that I have ever seen!!

I love it!! It is so special and unique!!

Debbie