Monday, September 20, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart may desire.  ~Irish blessing

(I had this post ready to go, and when I tried to post it, Blogger deleted it!  Bad Blogger!)


I'm linking up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage.


Today, I'm sharing this tea set.  It belonged to my great-grandmother on my mom's side.



It's marked Limoges, France.  So far, I haven't identified the pattern.



There are 8 cups and saucers in the set.



The creamer.



I originally thought that this was the sugar bowl, but looking at its size in comparison to the creamer, I don't think so.  Maybe it's a biscuit jar?

Thanks for visiting, and check out the other posts on Sandi's blog!


2 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sue,
What a beautiful and ornate tea set and how wonderful that you have this treasure! One would truly feel like the Lady of the Manor serving tea from this set. Thank you so much for sharing its beauty with us today. Wishing you a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Vicki said...

Oh, my goodness, Sue, that is a beautiful Limoges tea set. That it was your great grandmothers makes it even more special. It certainly is in wonderful condition, too. You are a lucky girl to own this beauty!! Have the best of weeks, my friend~ Vicki