Monday, October 25, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday and asking for prayers

"Come along inside... We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place."   ~ The Wind in the Willows
 

(I certainly hope that the above is true!)


Once again, I'm linking up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage.

I was slightly delayed in my Tea Time post by this...




No, this is not my dog!  We are puppy-sitting for a week... long story....


My post is a bit different than usual today.  I am sharing two cups with you.  They were both gifts from sweet friends.




This pansy cup was from my friend Shirley.  Shirley is one of my heroes!  She is raising three grandchildren and two nieces that she and her husband adopted.   The oldest was hit by a car a few years back and suffered brain damage, which has resulted in several surgeries and behavioral issues.  She also runs a business making wedding dresses and volunteers at church.  She can always make me laugh.  She is an incredibly strong woman.



This miniature cup also has pansies.  It was a gift from one of my best friends.  Lynnette and I met when our kids were small, and she is everything a best friend should be.  She is loving, caring, funny, supportive, and always there whenever I need to talk.

There's a reason I'm sharing cups from friends today.  I'm realizing how much I need and appreciate my friends.

My daughter had a multi-stage CT scan last week.  Her doctor was concerned about the possibility of cancer, which apparently is a complication that can occur with autoimmune hepatitis.  My husband talked to the doctor today.  The test didn't show cancer, but the doctor wants to move forward with transplant evaluation.  I still don't know many details.  We will be having a family meeting tonight.

This is all happening much faster than we ever planned on, and I know that part of it is due to the poor decisions my daughter has made in the past.  I'm asking for your prayers as we proceed with this.



4 comments:

Gee said...

You are lucky to get those teacups as a present. Having to have good friends is really wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What beautiful tea cups you have shared with us today!! And from such beautiful friends too!

Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Sue,
Your teacups are lovely! Friendship is a beautiful gift from God and it is a blessing to have friends. I am sorry you are having such trials at the moment. I will pray for your daughter. Such a concern for a parent! May God bless you today and give you peace and strength in the midst of this. Sending you hugs...Sandi

rosechicfriends said...

What sweet cups and wonderful stories behind them.

I also want you to know I just prayed for your family and your daughter!

Happy Tea!
Lorena