Monday, October 4, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! - Unknown

Once again, it's time to link up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday!



The set I'm sharing today is by Lefton.  The pattern is Heritage Green.




This is technically a coffee pot, but it works as a tea pot, so...it's a tea pot for me.



The history of this set:  My mother-in-law bought it.  She gave it to her mother.  I remember Grandma Johnson having it at her house.  When she and Grandpa downsized , she gave it back to my mom-in-law.  Then, when my mom-in-law and her husband decided to move to Arizona, she gave it to me.




Somewhere along the way, the lid to the sugar bowl got lost or broken.  But it's still beautiful.  Maybe someday I'll locate a replacement lid.  I treasure this set as a reminder of my husband's grandma.

Thanks for visiting, and visit Sandi to see the other tea parties!



7 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi my friend,
Your Lefton tea set is just beautiful! The colours are exquisite and the roses, gorgeous! What a treasure to have this in your home and such lovely memories accompany it too. It would be a pleasure to sit with you and have a cup of tea. Thank you for sharing your lovely tea set and I pray you have a very enjoyable evening.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

What a lovely tea set, Sue! It seems like I have seen this pattern but I cannot remember where or when...at any rate, you are a lucky lady to have this and I know that you treasure these pieces.
Blessings, Beth

Diann said...

That is a really beautiful teapot and cup and saucer set! the colors are so pretty and soft!

Vicki said...

Hi, Sue,
Lucky you to inherit such a beautiful tea set. Love the color of it and those pretty roses on it. Even more perfect is the fact that you will think of your husband's sweet grandma when you drink from it. Have a lovely week, my friend~Vicki

Johanna said...

Hi Sue,
your tea set is really a treasure. Not only because its beauty but also because the story behind it. I love the delicate decor and the stunning shaped handles. Very outstanding.
Thank you so much for showing it.
Greetings, Johanna

A Hopeful Heart said...

Very beautiful...of course, anything that has pink and green and roses is going to be beautiful to me.

And even more beautiful are the memories that go with it.

Blessings,
Patti

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Sue,
This is such an elegant and beautiful set! I am in love with the colors!! Stunning!!

Debbie