Monday, October 11, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Time for another Tea Time Tuesday with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage!


 
"Come and share a pot of tea,
my home is warm and my friendship's free."
~ Emilie Barnes.



I'm paying tribute to my Scottish heritage with this thistle tea cup.




The thistle is the emblem of Scotland.  The inside of the cup has the design as well.



My mom gave me this cup, though I'm not sure where it came from originally. 


Thanks for visiting, and check out the other tea parties on Sandi's blog!


3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Sue,
Lovely little thistle teacup! The colours are very pretty and I love anything that is Scottish!
I also enjoyed reading your post above. Your faith will get you through the hard times! Have a beautiful day, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Your teacup and saucer are very pretty...I had forgotten the thistle is Scotlands flower...Even tho they are thorny, the flowers very sweet and fluffy and PINK!
Jil

Johanna said...

Hi Sue,
it is a beautiful teacup. I have never seen china decorated with thistles, so I think it is may be a Scottish one. The flowers are so exactly painted, very naturally. And you have a special memory to your Mom with it. I wish you with every tea you drink from it luck and peace.
Greetings, Johanna