Monday, October 18, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday


"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. And whoever this "Earl Grey" fellow is, I'd like to have a word with him... "
-Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek, The Next Generation

Time for another Tea Time Tuesday with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage!



This is a miniature tea cup.  It stands about 2" high.


This cup has a gold rim, and the pattern is either grapes or wisteria.  I'm leaning toward grapes.


The saucer is flower shaped.  The mark says that it was made in Portugal.  That's all that I was able to figure out.  My husband lived in Brazil for six months before we were married, but he doesn't remember much of the language, so that doesn't help.  Oh well.

This is one of the first cups that my mom gave to me when I started collecting tea cups. I think I did because my mom had so many beautiful cups!  Most of them are mine now.  My sister didn't have much interest in them.

Thanks for visiting, and be sure to check out the other tea parties!


3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sue,
What an adorable little teacup; precious really! How lovely that it came from your mom too. I love teacups with sentiment attached to them. Makes them all the more wonderful. Thank you sharing your sweet little teacup with us and I hope you are having a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

Sue, Your little cup and saucer are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us for Tea Time Tuesday.
Blessings, Beth

Johanna said...

Hi Sue,
this is a charming little teacup. May be it was meant for espresso or mocca or it was for children to play. But anyway it is very precious with the handpainted decor. I am sure, if it was a toy the little girl was allowed only on sundays to play with it. This little cup would tell us a lot, if it could. Thank you for sharing this charming tresure.
Greetings, Johanna