Monday, November 15, 2010

Tea Time Tuesday

Though I cannot flee from the world...I can prepare tea with water from a mountain stream and put my heart to rest. ~ Ueda Akinari

It's time for another Tea Time Tuesday with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage.


Today I am sharing this demitasse cup.


 This cup was from my mom.  I'm not sure, but it may have belonged to my grandmother.


It has no markings, so I don't know the maker or the pattern.  I think it's very unusual and beautiful.

Thanks for visiting!  Please join the other tea parties on Sandi's blog!

2 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sue,
Your little demitasse is adorable and I love the colour of it! How nice that it once belonged to your mother and grandmother too; makes it extra special! Thank you for sharing it with us and I hope you're having a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hello Sue,
yes, indeed your nice cup ist very unusal shaped and so wonderful painted. It looks very delicate. How lovely to own such a heritage. It reminds you to your Mom and Grandmom. I am sure, they would love to see how you apreciate this cup.
I have read some of your posts. I will pray for your daughter that everything will develope well. Despite this big problems, I wish you and your family a good time with hopeness and love.
Greetings, Johanna