Sunday, January 30, 2011

Enough Already!!!


"God will never give us more than we can handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
~Mother Teresa~

I can relate to those words...

 My husband went to the emergency room Saturday night with chest pains.  He'd actually had them for a couple of days, but he thought it was pain due to an unrelated medical procedure he had on Monday.  He was admitted to the cardiac unit.  After many tests, the cardiologist thinks he has a partially or completely blocked artery leading to his heart.  He'll have a procedure tomorrow morning to check for blockages, and if necessary, do an angioplasty and/or put in a stent.  (Hopefully I have all the terminology straight.)  He's had high blood pressure for a while, which has been pretty well controlled up until the past month or so.  Guess this might be the cause for that.  Thankfully, our local hospital has one of the top cardiac units in the region, so he's in good hands.

Sometimes it feels like my life is just one crisis after another.  I've spent so much time in hospitals with various family members the past few years, that I tell people that my family really needs a better hobby than hanging around emergency rooms!

But it's during these times that I realize how much that I need to depend on the Lord.  I'm quite sure that I would fall apart if it weren't for my faith.  I honestly wonder how anyone could get through life without Him.  I sure can't.


1 comment:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Also, Sue I would love if you became a friend of mine. I will be hosting this party on a regular basis and you can join in as long as your blog is within the newbie guidelines. Thank you...