Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday

"Tea is a time in which we were perfectly contented with ourselves and one another." ~ Charles Dickens


A belated Happy New Year!  Once again, I'm late for the tea party!  I got behind in things before Christmas and I still haven't caught up!


Today I am sharing this cup and saucer.


It has a beautiful pattern of pink roses and lilacs.  It's a large cup and holds a generous amount of tea!


This set is an exception for me...it's one of the very few that I paid retail price!  I found it in Leavenworth, Washington in one of their Bavarian shops.

Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the other tea parties with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage!



4 comments:

The Accidental Bavarian said...

Next time you are going to Leavenworth, drop by our site first to see what is happening in town. We've built a site with a whimsical tone from a tourist's point of view. We have a blog of our travels and things we've found there that we like.

Visit us at http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Sue,
That is such a pretty teacup; love the roses and lilacs! Tea always tastes better in a pretty teacup, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing with us today and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a gorgeous teacup. I think it was probably worth what you paid for it. Happy New Year!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Snap said...

Rose and lilacs ... lovely! You aren't the only one running late. I'll never catch up with my blog reading. Everyone is very busy! :D :D