Monday, January 24, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday

Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are always two cups on my table. ~Tang Dynasty


Welcome to my Tea Time Tuesday post!  Today I'd like to share this teapot with you.  It's made by Minton, and the pattern is called Haddon Hall.


This is a teapot that came from my mom.  I believe she found it at an estate or yard sale.  I remember her telling me that there were 3 or 4 teapots for sale, but she picked this one.  She said that she could tell it was one that got used, because it had tea stains inside!  Of course, she brought it home, cleaned it up and it looks brand new!

I don't know how much she paid for it, but I suspect it wasn't too expensive.  I looked it up on Replacements Ltd.  It's valued at $179!!!  Good job, Mom...wish you were here to share a cup of tea.

Thanks for visiting, and please visit the other tea parties on Sandi's blog!


5 comments:

Martha said...

A lovely tea pot and a lovely story!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Sue,
What a gorgeous teapot! Your mother did well to choose that one; it's a beauty! I'm sure you cherish it. Thank you for joining me for tea and helping me to celebrate my TTT Anniversary! Hope you're having a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

BTW, I like your new blog look; very pretty!

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

That is a beautiful teapot! Your mother did well. Havea great week!
Beth

Lynn said...

Sue, Such a pretty teapot with lovely memories of your mom. Your mom sure did a great job of finding the right one. Have a blessed week.