Monday, April 25, 2011

Room Re-do Goals

This is really embarrassing.

I'm actually going to post pictures of my family room.

This is one of those rooms that, for the most part, got the furniture that didn't go anywhere else.  It's ugly and I'm tired of it!  The only reason I'm showing it is to have "before" pictures when it's done.  My goal is to have it looking good by the end of summer. 

So, let's start the tour.  (Warning: ugly and tacky follows!)


This is the worst offender! No...the sofa, not the cat!  (Although my husband might disagree...)  The sofa is half of a 1970's era sectional which my sister handed down to us.  We used to have the other half, until youngest daughter had a sleepover a few years ago and someone stood on the arm and broke it!  It's a lovely shade of plaid.  It's comfy, but it's a pain trying to get out of it, it has gotten very saggy.



This is thanks to our cats, Rascal and Tizzy.


We need another chair or a love seat for more seating.  Notice the TV tray standing in as an end table.




Bookcase, video/dvd rack and our old entertainment center, which became obsolete when we upgraded our tv. 


The tv is sitting on what was the coffee table.  If we cut holes in the back, we could store the electronics in it, but I'm not sure I want to do that.  I haven't decided if I'm keeping it yet.


Our piece of junk computer desk.  My husband bought it on closeout for about $60, and, well, you get what you pay for.  We had to remove a top shelf to accommodate the monitor, and the keyboard shelf is broken.  Plus, it's uuuuuuugly!


Junky lamp, we have two of these.  We got these from my brother-in-law when he moved.  I think they were a Kmart blue light special.  They don't even stand up straight.


I don't know about this lamp.  I don't really like it, but it was from my parent's house.  It may move elsewhere in the house, maybe upstairs.


The curtain, I'm going to keep. I just bought it last summer, after living for 12 years with builder-beige, dentist office looking vertical blinds!


The rug is staying, I love it!

My goal is to have a comfortable, shabby chic/cottage/romantic feel here, and (except for the sofa) do it cheaply!

Let the adventure begin...


Linking to Debbiedoo's newbie party
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/











1 comment:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Thanks Sue for joining my party...have fun!