Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A good start

Another July 4th is over, and the neighbors didn't burn our house down.  Every year, it's like a war zone around here.  I swear, I think I live in a neighborhood of budding pyromaniacs...

A couple of months back, I posted about wanting to redo my family room and its motley gathering of furniture.  (You can read it here- room re-do goals)


This is our current sofa...tacky at its best- or should that be worst?  Complete with cat damage.  Couldn't she at least look a little guilty?


Lovely, isn't it?

Well, I'm happy to announce that it will soon be on its way to the dump!



This is the new sofa.  Style-wise, it's not exactly what I would have picked if I'd had an unlimited budget, but I can live with it.  Especially since we hit a really good sale... it should be shipped in the next 2-4 weeks.

One project down, about a dozen to go...


No comments: