Monday, July 25, 2011

A Sale I Couldn't Resist!

There it was in the the classified section...

"GARAGE SALE-
100+ teacups, other china"

I hadn't even planned to go out Saturday, but I changed my mind in a big hurry!

I can say that it was NOT an exaggeration!

In talking to the lady having the sale, she told me this was only about 1/5 of her collection that she was selling.  She still had over 400 cups that she was keeping!  She also told me that a friend of hers has over 800 cups!  I can't even imagine having that many... I think my husband would be calling "Hoarders"  if I did that!  However, I could have gotten in serious trouble if I'd had more money with me!

So here are the ones I bought.


This one is by Royal Vale.



This one is made by Colclough.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the background is a very pale pink.


This one is marked EB.  The lady told me the name of the maker, but I forgot what it was.

 

Love the yellow inside of the cup!



Plus, I found this cute little teapot!

So, it looks like my new cup shelf will be filling up fast!


Linking to


9 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

How pretty. I love tea sets and this one is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Johanna said...

Hello Sue,
oh my, what beautiful cups and tea pot you have bought. I love them all because they are with roses. Wish you many delightful tea times with those treasures.
Best greetings, Johanna

Shelly @A Creative Space said...

Lucky you! I found it had to believe that more didn't come home with you! :) Great finds.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Sue,
What wonderful teacups you have found and the teapot is adorable! Isn't it fun to find new china? You will have to show us your shelf. Thank you for joining me for tea and sharing your new pretties with Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Sue,
WOW, you sure found some beautiful teacup sets at the sale. Love them and they all seem to go together so nicely. I can not imagine owning 800 sets. Where and how does one store that many cups and saucers?
Thank you for sharing your great finds for Tea Time. I so enjoyed my visit and a new follower too.
Blessings and hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Marianne C. said...

Very pretty, Sue...I do like the yellow inside the cup, too - very sunny and cheery (cheery is a word I've been using a lot of lately). And your little teapot is a darling!

Blessings,
Marianne

Antiques And Teacups said...

Those are lovely. Good thing it wasn't in my neighborhood...I would have gone bankrupt!!!!
Ruth

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I love the yellow too!!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

OOooh I am glad I wasn't anywhere in the area or near the area.....You had very good control!! My luck? I could have written a check, gone back to the house for cash, sold plasma lol!
Beautiful, just beautiful.

~~We don't seem to have such luck here, I think the younger generations get such things :(

~~Wendy