Saturday, January 7, 2012

A belated New Year's


This is just my personal opinion, but I was ready to see this year end.
We spent Christmas with youngest daughter in the hospital.  She hadn't been feeling well for a few days, and her abdomen was bloated (She went from normal to looking about 6 months pregnant, to give you a rough idea).  So I made a Christmas Eve run to Seattle Childrens, where she was admitted and put on diuretics.  She was there until the day after Christmas, so as you can imagine, that threw off our Christmas plans. The diagnosis was ascites-fluid in the abdomen.  This is a complication of her liver issues.  It's a little scary, because I know it's one more step toward the transplant list.  She was in meltdown mode emotionally, so the two of us took a few days and went on a "mental health" trip for a few days.  It did help her emotionally, and we didn't kill each other, so it was good.

So, I am definitely hoping for a less stressful 2012.  I hope your year is blessed!


1 comment:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Sue,
I'm sorry your life has been so stressful. It's a pity Christmas was spent in the hospital but I'm glad your daughter was being cared for. God bless you both!
I hope the new year will be filled with many blessings.