Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm still here...

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to my blog.  I apologize to anyone who's still out there.  I thought I should explain the long absence.

Re-reading my last post, I realize that I sounded defeated and depressed.  And I was.  I was sick and tired of all the crud youngest daughter had/is putting us through. 

On that subject:  Youngest daughter pleaded guilty to second degree robbery.  She was sentenced yesterday.  She will spend 9 weeks on house arrest, pending all screening and a clean drug test.  She received the low end of sentencing as she had never been in trouble with the law before. The judge agreed to house arrest because of her medical issues, which, among other things, make her highly susceptible to infection (right now, our county jail has about a 50% rate of staph infections).  Of course, house arrest means I get to play warden for 2+ months.  What fun.  But at least now, we know what to expect, instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Over the last couple of months, I debated whether or not to keep blogging.  I don't want this blog to be a depressing place. I've said before that my blog is where I share my heart.  My family will always be my heart.  Without my family, friends, and most of all, my Lord, I would never have made it through the last year.

 
I am going to keep blogging.  Yes, I will still post about my family.  However, I am going to do my darnedest to make sure that it's not just about the crazy stuff in my life.  I am more than that!  Deep down, I really am a nice, fun-loving girl!
 
So, thank you for reading thus far.  I WILL be back soon.
 
 

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hi Sue!
Glad to see you're back. Sorry to hear about your trials. I appreciated your transparency and your "For Real-ness". It is not depressing at all, just you expressing what you are going through. Want you to know that I am praying for your daughter and your family. And praying for you that the Lord will let you know in an obvious way that He Loves you and is in complete control. have a great day and Welcome back!