Friday, January 31, 2014

Changes

An extremely belated Happy New Year!  I know... it's almost February!



GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Sorry... Had to do it!!!

We had a wonderful, blessed holiday season.  After so many years of having our holidays hijacked by youngest daughter's drama, it was so nice to be able to celebrate with no drama! 
 
I've seen quite a few blogs where the author has picked a word or phrase for the year.  I wasn't planning to do that, but it seems that a word has picked me.
 
 
 
 
Changes.
 
 
Change can be a good thing.
 
Youngest daughter is now almost 6 months clean, and is living in a clean and sober house.  The best change I could ask for.
Oldest daughter got a kindergarten teaching job and moved out.
Husband has new responsibilities at work, and as a result, we don't have to worry about being transferred out of state.

Sometimes changes just happen, and sometimes, they're planned.
 
We're planning a big one.
 
Husband and I made the decision to put our house on the market and move.  There are several reasons for this.  We now have an empty nest, and don't need a big house.  We realized over the holidays that stairs are becoming an issue for several members of our extended family.  Most importantly, we want to get away from the influences that led our daughter into addiction. 

We live in a small town that has a major drug problem.  A few years ago, Rolling Stone magazine described it as "Methville, USA."  In the last few years, my daughter was beat up several times.  She has drug-using/dealing boyfriends who still live here.  My husband has been threatened with bodily harm three times.  If youngest daughter needed to move back in with us for health reasons, we would be afraid for both her, and our own, safety.  Yes, I'm aware that no place is without problems, and moving won't provide any magic solutions.  But it's time for a fresh start.

A fresh start is also what I want to bring to my little blog.

If you read my blog, it's me sharing my heart. My original idea was that it would be about my youngest daughter's journey toward a liver transplant (shameless plug here- be an organ donor!).  However, much of it turned into dealing with her drug addiction, which I never intended.  I really am a nice, friendly fun person!  I am pledging to try to keep the rants at a minimum from here on out.  I love crafts, vintage things, and romantic/shabby chic decorating, though there are so many blogs out there that are much better at that, than I ever hope to be.  I want to have fun stuff, thoughts insights and a few laughs. 
 
 My life is still stressed, but it's also blessed.

No comments: